Monday, March 25, 2013

Is there such a thing as too much thinking?

I was sitting in my bed last night trying to put together something reasonable (because I'm trying to make an effort to post more often here), but at the same time, I was fiercely trying to silence my brain. Indeed,  my mind can be very loud sometimes. "No, don't think about that, that wouldn't be a good idea," or how about "just go to sleep and stop elaborating so much useless stuff." And in reality, it is a problem I have to face everyday. I tend to think too much; don't get me wrong, using your brain every now and then is not a bad thing, but when it's not followed by concrete actions, too much thinking can be a waste of time.

So instead of sitting in bed thinking about what to post, I decided to take action:  I went to sleep. That was a good choice at the moment, however, I frequently find myself bursting with brilliant ideas, though sadly, those thoughts never end up anywhere (but buried somewhere in my unconscious)... But from now on, I am decided to either write them so I don't forget them, or do something about them. Have you ever experienced the same problem?

P.S.-While trying to find something about over thinking, I found this gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment